Costa Rica Off the Beaten Track #2
Duration: 8 days / 7 nights.
Locations: Turrialba, San Gerardo de Dota and Corcovado National park.
Prices per person based on double occupancy starting at:
|Price Range||With Transfer||With Rental Car|
- Transportation will be private for both categories.
- Rental car with Full Coverage from arrival until boat transfer to Drake Bay.
- Includes local flights from Drake Bay to San Jose.
- Tour will be shared.
- Deluxe uses 3 to 4 stars Hotels and lodges. For this package is recommended to arrive at San Jose Airport before 3:00 PM and depart later than noon.
This Trip Includes:
- All Transportation from arrival until departure.
- 2 nights accommodation in Turrialba with Breakfast included.
- Guayabo Archeological site Tour.
- CATIE Botanical Garden tour.
- 2 nights accommodation in San Gerardo de Dota with breakfast included.
- Bird Watching tour in San Gerardo.
- 3 Nights accommodation in Drake Bay area.
- Corcovado National Park hiking tour.
- Caño Island snorkeling tour.
- Local flight Drake Bay airstrip – San Jose.
- Sale taxes.
DAY BY DAY
After your arrival at Juan Santamaria International Airport, our staff members will be waiting for you, and escort you to the hotel in Turrialba area (2 hours drive from Airport).
For the rental car option, you will meet an agent from the rental car at arrivals and will get your SUV to depart to Braulio Carrillo area on your own
Morning visit Guayabo National Monument is Costa Rica’s most important archaeological site and its only named National Monument. Protect archaeological structures such as causeways, mounds, bridges, aqueducts catchment tanks and others.
Afternoon visit the CATIE Botanical Garden is made up of an invaluable collection of genetic material that is preserved for research and education purposes. It houses more than 4000 genetic samples representing about 400 species of plants coming from different parts of the world tropics.
Around noon depart for the driver to the Cloud Forest at San Gerardo de Dota. Upon arrival check in at your lodge.
Morning birdsong heralds the start of an unforgettable experience in the cloud forest. During breakfast the hummingbirds give you an indication of what your excursion will be like
After breakfast one of our vans will pick you up to take you down to the South Pacific lowlands to a river dock where you will take a boat to your hotel in Drake Bay. Upon arrival check in your hotel.
For the rental car option you will meet an agent from the rental car at the dock to return your SUV.
Today we will take you for a hike in one of the most biodiverse places in the planet, the Corcovado National Park.
We will take you for a snorkeling tour at Caño Island, one of the best locations for snorkeling and diving in Costa Rica.
Depending on the local flight departure time, that connect better with your international flight back home, depart for Drake bay airstrip. The local flight takes just 1 hour and you will be at the International airport ready for check in for your international flight back home.
from: $2,250 per person
“We inspire the enjoyment, fulfillment, and personal discovery of our guests through responsibly designed and operated travel programs that provide meaningful experiences with the nature and people of Costa Rica"