The Magic of the Tropical Birdsong
Duration: 11 days / 10 nights.
Locations: San José, Puntarenas, Arenal, Sarapiqui, San Gerardo de Dota.
Prices per person base in double occupancy starting at:
|Price Range||With Transfer||With Rental Car|
|Deluxe from:||US$4,100.00||No disponible|
- Rental car with full coverage from day 2 until departure.
- Transportation in affordable range is shared, Deluxe you will be with a private Naturalist Guide / Driver just for you.
- Tour will be shared for the affordable option.
- Deluxe 3 to 4 stars hotels and Lodges
This Trip Includes:
- All transportation from arrival until departure.
- 1 night in San Jose with Breakfast.
- 2 nights in Palo Verde area (affordable with breakfast, Deluxe with meals included).
- Palo Verde National Park boat tour.
- 1 night in Tenorio area with breakfast included.
- Celeste River hiking tour.
- 2 night in Sarapiqui area with breakfast included.
- La Selva Biological Station Birdwatching tour.
- 2 Nights in San Gerardo of Dota area with breakfast included.
- Savegre Reserve birdwatching tour.
- 1 night in Carara area with Breakfast Included.
- Afternoon birding hiking tour in the hotel trail.
- Carara National Park hike.
- 1 night in San Jose with Breakfast.
- Sale taxes.
DAY BY DAY
After your arrival at Juan Santamaria International Airport, our staff members will be waiting for you, and escort you to the hotel in San Jose.
After breakfast depart for Palo Verde National Park area located near the Golf of Nicoya. An ideal place for naturalists, birdwatchers and all nature lovers in general. Upon arrival check in at your hotel.
Today you will have your boat tour at Palo Verde National Park. Birds spotted regularly in the park include Great Curassows, Scarlet Macaws, White Ibis, roseate spoonbills, anhinga, jabirus, and wood storks among many others.
Departure to Bijagua town, nearby the Tenorio Volcano National Park. Arrive to your hotel and after checking, get ready for your Celeste River Hiking through the jungle to seek out the volcano’s vents, which expel gases of extreme high temperatures. Chill Out afternoon to enjoy the hotel and its surroundings.
Departure through the lowlands of San Carlos until arriving at Sarapiquí area located on the Caribbean lowlands. Upon arrival check in at your hotel. Afternoon at your leisure to enjoy the hotel surroundings.
Get ready for your early morning La Selva Biological Station birdwatching tour. The excellent trail system and the knowledgeable naturalist guides would lead birdwatchers through a variety of habitats, from dense primary rain forest to open pasturelands.
Depart to San Gerardo de Dota area. Upon arrival check in at your hotel. Afternoon at your leisure to enjoy the hotel surroundings.
Disfrute un tour de avistamiento de aves en los senderos de Savegre Lodge. El canto matutino de las aves anuncia el comienzo de una experiencia inolvidable en el bosque nuboso. Tarde libre para disfrutar las instalaciones del hotel.
Early in the morning, departure to the Central Pacific Coast to Carara Transitional Forest National Park. In the way enjoy the birding hiking at Tárcoles to visit the 4700ha Carara National Park, you will probably see parrots, partridges, toucans, flycatchers, white-faced monkeys and coatis among others. Giant trees provide pleasant shadow. Afternoon at your leisure to enjoy the hotel surroundings.
Early morning to enjoy the Carara National Park to watch the wake up of the tropical birds in their natural habitat. Afternoon depart for the drive back to San Jose. Upon arrival check in your hotel.
Time to say goodbye to “Pura Vida “Costa Rica. Depending on your departure time, our drivers will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the airport.
from: $4,100 per person
“We inspire the enjoyment, fulfillment, and personal discovery of our guests through responsibly designed and operated travel programs that provide meaningful experiences with the nature and people of Costa Rica"