The Magic of the Tropical Birdsong
Duration: 11 days / 10 nights.
Locations: San José, Puntarenas, Arenal, Sarapiqui, San Gerardo de Dota.
Affordable from: US$2,260.00 per person
Deluxe from: US$4,175.00 per person
*Affordable include activities with local guides.
*Deluxe include Bird guide throughout the trip.
This Trip Includes:
- Transfer from Juan Santamaria International Airport to the hotel in San Jose.
- 1 night in San Jose city.
- Transportation to Palo Verde National Park area.
- 2 nights in Palo Verde area (affordable with breakfast, Deluxe with meals included).
- Palo Verde National Park boat tour.
- Transportation from Palo Verde to the Tenorio Volcano area.
- 1 night in Tenorio Area (Affordable with breakfast included, Deluxe with meals included).
- Celeste River hiking tour.
- Transfer from Tenorio to Sarapiqui.
- 1 night in Sarapiqui area with breakfast included.
- Tirimbina Birdwatching Tour.
- Transportation Sarapiqui – San Gerardo de Dota.
- 3 Nights in San Gerardo of Dota area with breakfast included.
- Savegre Reserve Birdwatching tour.
- Cerro Buena Vista Hiking tour.
- Transportation from San Gerardo de Dota to Carara National Park area.
- 1 night in Carara area with 3 daily meals.
- Included Birding Hiking tour.
- Carara National Park tour
- Transportation Carara – San Jose area.
- 1 night in San Jose city.
- Transfer from the hotel in San José to the Juan Santamaria International Airport.
DAY BY DAY
Arrival at Juan Santamaria International Airport. Meet & greet from local representative. Transfer to your hotel in San Jose City.
After breakfast we will take you to Palo Verde National Park area located near the Golf of Nicoya. An ideal place for naturalists, birdwatchers and all nature lovers in general. Upon arrival check in at your hotel.
Today you will have your Boat tour at Palo Verde National Park. Birds spotted regularly in the park include Great Curassows, Scarlet Macaws, White Ibis, roseate spoonbills, anhinga, jabirus, and wood storks among many others.
Departure to Bijagua town, nearby the Tenorio Volcano National Park. Arrive to your hotel and after checking, get ready for your Celeste River Hiking through the jungle to seek out the volcano’s vents, which expel gases of extreme high temperatures. Chill Out afternoon to enjoy the hotel and its surroundings.
Departure through the lowlands of San Carlos until arriving at Sarapiquí area located on the Caribbean lowlands. Upon arrival check in at your hotel. Afternoon at your leisure to enjoy the hotel surroundings.
Get ready for your early morning La Selva Biological Station birdwatching tour. The excellent trail system and the knowledgeable naturalist guides would lead birdwatchers through a variety of habitats, from dense primary rain forest to open pasturelands. Return on time at the hotel for a delicious breakfast to continue with your transfer to San Gerardo de Dota area. Upon arrival check in at your hotel. Afternoon at your leisure to enjoy the hotel surroundings.
Enjoy the trail of Savegre Lodge birdwatching tour. Morning birdsong heralds the start of an unforgettable experience in the cloud forest. Afternoon at your leisure to enjoy the hotel surroundings.
Today you will have your hiking tour through the Cerro de la Muerte area. The higher areas are paramo habitat and an excellent place to see the hidden but resplendent Quetzal. Afternoon at your leisure to enjoy the hotel surroundings.
Early in the morning, departure to the Central Pacific Coast to Carara Transitional Forest National Park. In the way enjoy the birding hiking at Tárcoles to visit the 4700ha Carara National Park, you will probably see parrots, partridges, toucans, flycatchers, white-faced monkeys and coatis among others. Giant trees provide pleasant shadow. Afternoon at your leisure to enjoy the hotel surroundings.
Early morning to enjoy the Carara National Park to watch the wake up of those tropical birds in their natural habitat. After departing back to San Jose. Upon arrival check in your hotel.
Private transfer to the Juan Santamaria International Airport to take your departure flight back home.
“We inspire the enjoyment, fulfillment, and personal discovery of our guests through responsibly designed and operated travel programs that provide meaningful experiences with the nature and people of Costa Rica"