Discovering the Tropics
Duration: 8 days / 7 nights.
Locations: San Jose, Sarapiqui, Arenal & Manuel Antonio.
- Affordable from US$3,950.00 per family
- Deluxe from US$5,500.00 per family
*Prices per family of 2 adults + 2 Children younger than 12 y/o.
This Trip Includes:
- Transfer from Juan Santamaria International Airport to the hotel in San Jose.
- 1 night in San José with breakfast included.
- Transfer from San José to Sarapiqui.
- 2 nights in Sarapiqui area with breakfast included.
- Chocolate Tour at Tirimbina.
- Safari Rafting Tour, Class I.
- Transfer from Sarapiquí to Arenal.
- 2 nights in Arenal volcano area with breakfast included.
- Butterfly Garden at Danaus Eco-Center.
- Arenal Volcano Hike Trail 1968 & dinner.
- Transfer from Arenal to Manuel Antonio.
- 2 nights in Manuel Antonio with breakfast included.
- Manuel Antonio National Park Tour.
- Transfer from Manuel Antonio to Juan Santamaria International Airport, San José.
- Sale taxes.
DAY BY DAY
After your arrival at Juan Santamaria International Airport, San Jose, one of our staff members will escort you to the hotel in San Jose.
A journey by land through Braulio Carrillo National park will take you to the Sarapiqui Rainforest area. The drive will take around 2 ½ hours.
During the morning depart on a Chocolate tour. This tour will show you the secrets and wonders of one of mankind’s favorite foods: chocolate. Originally from Central America. Afternoon depart for a River Rafting at Sarapiqui River, this river has sections for all ages from rapids class I to IV.
Morning at leisure. Around noon one of our drivers will pick you up to depart for the 2 hours drive to the famous Arenal Volcano area. Upon arrival check in at your hotel.
Today during the morning, we will take you to Danaus Eco-center. The Danaus Eco-Center is a biological reserve where they develop conservation programs, training, environmental education and sustainable production. It has trails through secondary forest, where you can observe in their natural habitat to a wide variety of plants and animals. During the afternoon we will take you to the Arenal Volcano for a hike at trail 1968, stand at a viewpoint incredibly close to the volcano and step on ancient lava flows turned into rocks. At the end of the hike, you will visit the Tabacon Hot Springs Spa, so you can relax in the pools.
After breakfast one of our drivers will pick you up at your hotel to depart to the Central Pacific coast. The drive will take you through small villages and pictures landscapes from rainforest, Cloud forest to warn weather of the coast. Upon arrival check in at your hotel. Afternoon at leisure.
After an early breakfast one of our guides and driver will pick you up at your hotel to take you to the famous Manuel Antonio National Park where you can easily see a least 3 of the 4 species of monkeys that we have in the country, sloths, iguanas and many other species. Afternoon at leisure to enjoy the beach.
Depending on your international flight departure time (recommended later than noon) one of our drivers will drive you back to Juan Santamaria International Airport, San José, on time for your flight back home. The drive takes 3 hours.
Did you Know?
One of the best 8-days-tours, if you would like to discover this beautiful country this tour is one of your best choices, you'll visit San Jose, Sarapiqui, Arenal, and many others adventures spots in Costa Rica.
“We inspire the enjoyment, fulfillment, and personal discovery of our guests through responsibly designed and operated travel programs that provide meaningful experiences with the nature and people of Costa Rica"